Just came back from Sweden and I'm sooooo tired. All the impressions have filled up my poor head.
I was at the Humfry Skolan to talk about my placement.
It seems a very interesting school. There's a creative angle to everything they do. They put emphasis on film, music and media and ITC is incorporated in all subjects. Very interesting.
I am to teach English in a 6th grade and this will be interesting. There are 28 pupils in that class and they don't like eachother. Their teacher is currently working with the social atmosphere and I will support her on that. I think I'll do some exercises to strenghten the relations between the pupils. Eg I'll do the hot chair, one pupil sits in front of the class and everyone says something nice about that boy / girl.
I have just written my psychology assignment about social relations in class and about classroom management and if at all possible I'll use elements from that report in my teaching.
After the visit to my practice placement school I went to Malmö Högskola for the Language, Culture & Identity course for the course introduction. There will be a lot of work for this class, but it will be awfully interesting. A primary focus on culture, semiotics and media influence. There will be interviews with teenagers incorporated in the programme, we'll take pictures of signs/text in our environment and we'll do an assignment with an excoursion in Malmö City. Tomorrow I'll have a walk in my surroundings and take some "semiotic pictures" - and upload them to the course homepage.
I'm so excited - this course seems to be very interesting and extremely relevant for me as an international teachers student.....looking forward to Tuesday next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment